Packed with Healthy and Naughty ingredients, these Nutty Oatmeal Dulce De Leche Bars are a Delicious Treat which won’t make you break your New Year’s Resolutions!
Happy 2017, people!! It’s been real quiet around here, hasn’t it? It’s been 2 months since I last posted! What blogger hibernates during the holidays, the time when most food bloggers go into overdrive with Christmas Baking and New Year Nibbles??
Well, this one apparently! Towards the end of an especially stressful year at work, I just felt the need to stay away, relax and recharge. I was cooking a lot, but the only time I picked up the camera was to take pictures of my home and family during Christmas.
Speaking of home, we have decided to sell Casa Spice in the City! We will miss this gorgeous house which has been our home for seven wonderful years…
Onward and upward though, to new adventures! After the crazy year we’ve just had, I’m looking forward to what 2017 has in store, for the blog and otherwise.
Sweet treats are great for beginning a new year and new endeavours and when the treats are this healthy, they won’t make you break your New Year’s resolutions.
Meet these absolutely fabulous Nutty Oatmeal Dulce De Leche Bars! Packed with Walnuts, Almonds, Oats and Whole Wheat Flour, all held together with decadent Dulce De Leche, these delicious crumbly bars are a promise of good things to come.
I made a small batch of these lovelies and watched them disappear in a couple of hours. The munchkin is in love with them and has insisted they be made again, stat!
Easy to make, few ingredients and did I mention, heavenly? Chewy, crumbly and nutty, these make great snack box treats too!
How have you started this New Year? And what have you resolved to do or not do this year? Would love to hear from you!
If you liked this post, please share with your family and friends using the Social Share buttons underneath this post or down the side of the page! And sign up to receive posts right into your Inbox (there’s a box on the right)! For free!
You can also follow me on:
- 70 grams Rolled Oats
- 90 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 grams shelled Walnuts
- 1 heaped tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 100 grams cold Butter, diced
- 190 grams (1/2 can) Dulce de Leche
- ¼ cup slivered Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor add the walnuts and pulse till they form a coarse powder.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the dulce de leche and almonds into the food processor.
- Pulse a few times until it comes together in a ball.
- Reserve ½ cup of the dough. Shape it into an oval disc, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it into the freezer.
- Press the remaining dough evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the dulce de leche to a small saucepan, and heat it gently on the stove, stirring constantly.
- Without turning off the oven, take the pan out and pour the warm dulce de leche over it.
- Grate the frozen reserved cookie dough over the dulce de leche layer. Sprinkle the slivered almonds all over.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for further 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the pan out of the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Pin this Recipe: