Halloumi is the star in these flavor-packed Sriracha Halloumi Tacos that come together in minutes and are a fabulous Weeknight Dinner Idea!
I’m Indian and unabashedly in love with all things curry. Curry for me represents comfort food, to be slow-cooked, adding layer by layer of flavors, all coming together in the end to something akin to foodie nirvana.
Well, that also means that curries are something I like to dish up only on weekends. Of course I have a few recipes up my sleeve when it comes to making curries in a hurry, like this delicious Quick Chicken Masala, that can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes!
On most weekdays though, I like to rustle up something quick, easy and flavorful. After a long day at work and with a hyper-energetic 5-year-old running around, talking our ears off about her school day, I’d rather get out of the kitchen and into the living room.
So meals like these awesome Sriracha Halloumi Tacos are the perfect weeknight dinner in our home. Delicious, healthy and packed with flavor; just the way we like it!
The star here is the scrumptious Halloumi, a hard, salty, Cypriot-Greek cheese that is perfect for dishes where you don’t want the cheese to melt. It stays in shape, is pre-seasoned and forms a lovely, crunchy, golden crust when pan-fried.
Add a dash of Sriracha and Garlic to the Halloumi and it is the perfect protein to add to tacos or sandwiches. All it then needs is some juicy veggies, cilantro and a squirt of lime! Dinner’s on the table in a jiffy!
If you liked this post, please share with your family and friends using the Social Share buttons underneath this post or down the side of the page! And sign up to receive posts right into your Inbox (there’s a box on the right)! For free!
You can also follow me on:
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 250 grams Halloumi, cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 2 large cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and fry for a minute on medium heat.
- Add the sriracha sauce and mix well.
- Arrange the halloumi pieces all over the skillet in a single layer and let it fry till it develops a golden crust (this should take about 3-5 minutes)
- Turn over and fry them on the other side too.
- Once done, empty on to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same skillet, heat up the tortillas until they are slightly crisp.
- Arrange the tortillas on serving plates. Divide the halloumi pieces on the tortillas.
- Top with the chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro and yogurt.
- Squirt lime over the tacos and serve immediately.
Pin this Recipe:
Sharing this deliciousness at Angie’s Fiesta Friday with co-hosts Julie @ Hostess at Heart and Linda @ Fabulous Fare Sisters and at Saucy Saturdays with Dini, Jennifer, Swayam and Christine.