Enjoy the refreshing summery flavor of Raspberries in this lovely Ombré Raspberry Parfait with pretty pink layers, topped with lilacs!
What is it about Mondays that makes us dread it so much? Is it the fact that a week of work looms ahead before we come to that elusive oasis called ‘The Weekend’? Because a Monday when you are on vacation doesn’t evoke the same anxiety, does it?
I read somewhere that the best way to get rid of this apprehension, that starts somewhere around Sunday afternoon, is to plan something really exciting for Sunday night. Something that fills you with joy and something you look forward to, instead of wallowing in despair about Monday coming too soon.
That way your Sunday eve is spent in an enjoyable pursuit and you forget all about Monday until it is time for bed. Makes sense? I’m not buying it until I have tried it. So that is what I am going to start doing next Sunday onwards.
Come to think of it, this Sunday wasn’t that bad either. We had these pretty pink beauties to keep us company.
We have had discounts on Raspberries in our local supermarket this week and we have been eating them like crazy. Over muesli, over pancakes, muddled into lemonades…aren’t raspberries one of the most refreshing tastes of spring?
I love their tartness which pairs so well with anything creamy. And that gorgeous deep pink color makes them a favorite with the munchkin. The fact that they are packed with antioxidants makes them even more sublime in my book.
So this weekend, I had 3 boxes of raspberries in my refrigerator and I put them to good use in these divine little Ombré Raspberry Parfait. Layers of tart-sweet raspberry coulis, whipped cream and mascarpone, ranging from dark pink, to baby pink to creamy white.
The layers are by no means perfect, as no gelatin is used to set them. But we didn’t care. We polished the whole lot off in the course of the evening! So refreshing, so luscious, so summery…
I think this dessert would be quite delicious with strawberries or blackberries too. A great way to enjoy the berry overload coming your way!
Oh and I topped them with a few tiny lilacs. Did I tell you I have my own lilac bushes now? We planted them last autumn and the first flowers are in bloom now! So happy!
If you liked this post, please do share with your family and friends using the Social Share buttons underneath this post or down the side of the page! And sign up to receive posts right into your Inbox (there’s a box on the right)! For free!
You can also follow me on:
- 250 grams fresh Raspberries, plus more to decorate
- 250 grams Mascarpone Cheese
- 100 ml Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons Sugar (adjust as per sweetness desired)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the raspberries and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes or until raspberries have softened.
- Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl, discarding solids.
- Cover the raspberry sauce and refrigerate..
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add cream, and beat until soft peaks form. Fold in the vanilla.
- Divide the cream mixture between 3 bowls.
- In 1 bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the raspberry sauce. Mix well.
- In the 2nd bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the raspberry sauce and mix well.
- Layer the remaining raspberry sauce and the different cream layers in parfait glasses. (Depending on the size of the servings, you can make 4-6 parfaits)
- Top with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold.
Pin this Recipe:
Sharing this deliciousness at Angie’s Fiesta Friday with this week’s lovely co-hosts Loretta @ Safari of the Mind and Linda @ Fabulous Fare Sisters and at Saucy Saturdays with Dini, Jennifer, Swayam and Christine.