Happy 2016 Everyone!! A new year, a blank slate, so many possibilities, so many things to accomplish…I can feel the pressure already. Do any of you feel like this at the start of a year or am I the only crazy one?
We started this year on a starry note, watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens 😀 I can’t say it blew me away, but it is loads better than the prequels and I am definitely looking forward to Episode 8.
The other thing that we started the year with was Champagne at the stroke of midnight, accompanied by these delectable mini Kransekage Bundt Cakes. These are a variation on my Kransekage Cupcakes, very Danish and customary on New Year’s Eve.
These are full of marzipan and butter and so moist, decadent and delicious, they really are a once a year treat! They taste fabulous with champagne and don’t they look festive?
I created a quick drizzle for them by powdering some freeze-dried blackberries with a bit of sugar and mixing it with lime juice. The crimson hue looks gorgeous and the tartness works wonderfully with the sweetness of the bundts.
And talking of things to accomplish in the new year, did you notice the GIF above? I’ve wanted to create one for the longest time and when I saw all the photos I had shot of the sparklers burning down, it seemed like the perfect first project.
It is a bit wobbly and I really need to use a tripod next time, but I am happy to have finally created one 😀 What do you think? If you have created some, would love to hear your tips!
Meanwhile, these beauties are joining me at the awesome soiree that is Angie’s Fiesta Friday! It is the 100th Edition of this wonderful community with co-hosts Judi, Molly, Steffi, and Suzanne and I am so excited about the next hundred. I have made some dear friends through this weekly get together and I am so thankful for them all ❤️
If you liked this post, please do share with your family and friends using the Social Share buttons underneath this post or down the side of the page! And sign up to receive posts right into your Inbox (there’s a box on the right)! For free!
You can also follow me on:
- 125 grams Sugar
- 125 grams Butter, softened (plus some to grease the mould)
- 125 grams Marzipan
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 50 grams Flour
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried Blackberries (you can use other freeze-dried berries too, or even fresh berries)
- 1 teaspoon Icing Sugar
- Approx. 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Grate the marzipan coarsely.
- Add the marzipan to the butter-sugar mixture and whisk it all together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, with continued whipping.
- Add the flour and mix till combined.
- Fill the batter into greased mini bundt cake tins.
- Bake the cakes at approx. 175 °C for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Grind the freeze-dried berries to a fine powder in a coffee-grinder.
- Mix the berry powder with icing sugar and enough lime juice to form a drizzle.
- If using fresh berries, add the berries to a food processor with sugar and lime juice and blend it all together.
- Drizzle over the cooled cakes and serve.
Pin this recipe: