Brace yourselves! It’s that time of the year again! Heart-shaped everything is coming 😀
As in wrote in my last year’s Valentine’s Day post, I don’t believe in making much of a fuss over this day. Romance is wonderful, but I like a bit of it everyday, a look, a touch; it isn’t something that’s packed away for a whole year and bubbles up in the form of pink and red mush, one day of the year.
At the same time, a day celebrating love is not all bad, so long as you don’t feel the compulsion to spend big bucks, egged on by all the commercial hoopla, just to show your loved ones that you care.
I like showing my love in little ways, something homemade, something DIY-ed.
I remember this one year, just before the munchkin came along, I gave my husband a basket of fruit for V-day, with these funny, fruity love stickers. You know, the ones that say ‘You are the Apple of my eye’ or ‘We make the perfect Pear’ or ‘I’m going Bananas over you’! We had a good laugh that day <3
Well, I am not one to let a perfectly good excuse like V-day go by without baking some goodies. These cuties were inspired by some lovely little, red foil cupcake cases I found a few months ago.
The ingredients were inspired by what my loved ones love: the munchkin loves marzipan, the husband loves white chocolate… Voila! Little Marzipan White Chocolate Love Cakes were born!
Just for added effect, I stuck in strawberry halves in some of them. I love the red peeking through and they too look a bit like hearts, don’t they?
These little Marzipan White Chocolate Love Cakes sure do spread the love! They are super moist from the marzipan and still wonderfully light and delicious from the white chocolate. You can really taste each ingredient.
They also met with the high standards of li’l Ms. Picky Eater, who couldn’t stop smiling when she saw them. The strawberry ones are her favorite <3
How are you guys celebrating? Do you go all out or keep it on the down low? I would love to hear all about it
Meanwhile I’m bringing a basket of these Marzipan White Chocolate Love Cakes to Angie’s Friday Feista, where the fabulous Suzanne @apuginthekitchen and Sue @birgerbird are co-hosting today! Can’t wait to see everyone at the party!
If you liked this post, please share with your family and friends using the Social Share buttons underneath this post or down the side of the page! And sign up to receive posts right into your Inbox (there’s a box on the right)! For free!
You can also follow me on:
- 150 grams good quality White Chocolate
- 150 grams Butter
- 100 grams Marzipan with minimum 60% almonds
- 150 grams All-purpose Flour
- 3 large Eggs
- 100 grams Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- A few Strawberries (optional)
- Melt the butter on low heat in a saucepan.
- Chop the white chocolate and add to the melted hot butter. Mix well till all the chocolate dissolves into the butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand-held mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Grate the marzipan into the egg mixture and whisk until mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the mixture. Add the chocolate butter mixture to the batter and mix everything together gently.
- Grease muffin cups and pour the batter into them till half full.
- If desired, you can stick in half a strawberry into each muffin, with the cut surface facing up.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Cool and dust them lightly with icing sugar.
- You can decorate them with sprinkles or more chocolate if desired.
Pin this Recipe: